My sermon on sacrificial giving from Palm Sunday.
1. WE MUST LEARN TO BE ____________________ GIVER’S
Sacrificial giving is giving beyond our means. It’s no secret that we are part of a generation known for living beyond our means.
A. Holy Week is all about sacrificial giving.
· Jesus was our _________________________. (1 John 2:2) (propitiation)
· Tetelestai means ________________________. (John 19:30) (paid in full)
2. THREE REASONS SACRIFICAL GIVING IS HARD
A. ______________ Hinderance. (Debt)
- Crunch Bar = 70%aka normal (broke busted and in debt)
- Milk Duds= 2%Drowning in Credit Card Debt
- Average Credit Card Debt per household is $7,027 and nationwide is $416 BILLION dollars
- Zero Bar = 16%Zero, Zilch, Nada. Do not pass go, do not collect $200
- 100 Grand Bar= 10%Debt Free and Living Large
- Payday = 2%You are a millionaire
B. _________________ Hinderance. (Love)
If we love the world and the things in the world then our love for God is superficial.
C. _________________ Hinderance. (Heart)
When our lifeis surrendered to God then our moneycomes along with it. (Romans 12:1)